Thursday, November 17, 2011

Quit Smoking Attempt,Failed.


It has been three months since I gave 'quit smoking' a try.I must say that I didn't have a hard time in trying to quit because smoking isn't an indispensable part of my every waking day.As what I always answer whenever someone asks me whether I smoke or not,I can live with it,I can live without it.So quitting or giving it a try is just a walk in the park for me.

The first two months were smooth sailing.I was able to live my life not lighting a stick or more.Even if there were a lot of opportunities,chances or urge to smoke, still my willingness to quit was just so much that I was able to control it.I was 'clean' for two months! I felt extremely happy that I was able to take smoking out of my system.I started telling my friends about it.Some were happy for the decision while others said they'll wait for the day when I'll tell them I didn't make it.

But,as I was on my third month of 'being clean' the willingness started to wear off. Every thing I do to quit the habit seemed like a huge effort to make.It didn't help either that I revisited the places I have most memories of my smoker days.I don't know about you,but I think I jinx myself the moment I started telling people that I'm quitting.I don't know,I just feel that way.

Until one day, I caught myself giving in to the temptation.I lit a stick and,not long after that,I cursed myself for doing so.I FAILED.YET.AGAIN.It's the end of my if-I-get-through-three-months-without-lighting-a-stick-I-swear-I-will-never-smoke-in-this-lifetime-again-ever.Booo.I guess I'm still not destined to quit.I guess it's not yet time.But I want it to happen sooner,like next year perhaps.HAHA!

Seriously,I want to stop smoking.It's doing me no good,I know that from the very start.I know that I'll get tons of health issues later if I don't stop.I know that it's bad for my skin,will cause me wrinkles and will make me age faster but . . . .

I just hope and fervently pray that I get to stop before it's too late.

2 comments:

  1. right, i remember you telling me about it. but im glad the willingness is there, just a little more effort to do it :) way to go!!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,Riz! I'm working on it,everyday! haha :)

    ReplyDelete