Friday, March 22, 2013

DIY: Fruit Basket in Sunshine Yellow

This is the before and after photo of "MY" fruit basket.I spray painted it Sunshine Yellow.This is actually my mother's fruit basket.I think we had it for more than a decade already but we don't use it more often.We usually put our fruits in the refrigerator lest we want the house pets pests (mice) to eat it first. HAHAHA The fruit basket was just at the top of the cupboard and I thought it's just so beautiful to be abandoned like that. I asked Mama if I could have it since I was also planning to buy my own fruit basket. Was I happy that she gave this to me without hesitation. It doesn't look good anymore when I salvaged it. The wood stains are peeling that the color now looks pale and boring. And what better color to choose than Sunshine Yellow! I did a lot of sanding on this project which I must admit is very tiring and painful to my delicate hands. Chaaar! I thought that spray painting is so easy as applying nail polish.But no,I think it's more complicated than applying paint by hand.The impatient in me turned the other side of the petal when I thought the paint was already dry. When I checked hours later,some of the newspapers I used to cover the floor were stuck in the petal.I didn't know how to correct that and I didn't want to go through the tedious step of sanding it again. So here's my Juan Tamad take; I did an indiscriminate spray painting on the damaged area. HAHAHA I love this project. It gave the basket its second life and it made the dining table more lively. Talking about the dining table,I think I know now what my next project will be. But no more spray paint next time. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment