Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Bucket

I had a little project last week. I changed the cover of the bucket that serves as a catchall of our daily essentials such as the deodorant,powder,lotion and some first aid solutions. Its previous cover was a blue geometric pattern paper and a dark blue corrugated cardboard.I wanted to change the cover since I got bored with it and the corrugated part was already falling off. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take a picture of the previous cover since I was too eager to change it. It was more of the spur-of-the-moment decision.

These are the materials:
bucket (from KFC!)
gift wrapper
corrugated cardboard
scissors
double-sided tape


I had a hard time covering the bucket because of its shape. I have to cut small portions of the paper to make sure that everything is covered since the circumference of the upper part of the bucket is bigger than that of the bottom part.The folds of the wrapper are visible and that is where the corrugated cardboard comes in to rescue. The corrugated cardboard is used not just to give accent to the predominantly blue wrapper but more importantly to cover the visible and unflattering folds.
This is now the new bucket


Done in less than an hour....And the best thing about this project? I didn't spend a single centavo! The bucket had been with me since 2008 and the paper and cardboard used are leftovers from the previous project,the very first published entry of this blog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment